Know everything about Oncology Treatment In Turkey
Oncology refers to the branch of science that helps to treat and deal with tumors and cancers. The term “Onco” means mass or bulk or tumor, and “logy” means study. Any physician that works in the field of oncology is known as oncologists. In this article, you will find everything that you need to know about Oncology Treatment in Turkey.
Types of Oncology Treatment in Turkey
- Chemotherapy: This treatment uses drugs to kill the cells growing cancer.
- Targeted Therapy: This cancer therapy helps to treat particular abnormalities within the cancer cell that helps them to persist.
- Immunotherapy: This therapy helps the immune system to “identify“ cancer and helps it to fight it. It is also known as biological therapy. Cancer often survives because the immune system fails to check it as an intruder.
- Hormonal Therapy: Cancer like prostate cancer and breast cancer, for instance, is fueled by the body’s hormone. Hormonal therapy helps to block those hormones, thus preventing the spread of cancer.
Types of tests help detect cancer
- Radiology Tests: Here, the doctor takes pictures of inside the body to find out the spread of the cancer cells and how effectively the cancer treatment is working.
- Endoscopy Procedures: This test involves the doctors to insert a tube-like instrument inside the body, to find out more about prevailing cancer.
- Biopsy and Cytology Tests: These tests help doctors to classify the type of cancer and to help the patients to undertake better treatment.
7 tips to save yourself from Cancer
1. Avoid Tobacco: According to Oncology Treatment in Turkey, Tobacco is the main reason behind lung, mouth, throat, pancreas, cervix, bladder, and kidney cancer. Even exposure to secondhand smoke also increases the risk of lung cancer.
- If you find it difficult to quit tobacco, seek help from the doctors.
2. Eat healthy foods: Make healthy choices when eating. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avoid food that has high calorie-intake and refined sugars. Reduce the intake of processed meat as it increases the risk of cancer.
- If you wish to drink alcohol, we would recommend to keep it in moderation. Be mindful of everything you put inside the body.
3. Protect yourself from the Sun: Too much sun exposure is also a cause of cancer. Therefore, make sure to follow these tips:
- Stay out of the sun rays when they are the strongest (10 am and 3 pm)
- Prefer to stay in the shades whenever you are outside. Sunglasses and broad-brimmed hats are of great help.
- Sunscreen is a must! Look for the ones that have at least SPF 30.
4. Maintain a healthy weight and be physically active: Maintaining a healthy weight and lean figure reduces the risk of cancer to some extent. Physical activities also reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer.
- Maintaining a healthy weight and getting involved in physical activity every day also helps to keep your immune system going strong and good.
5. Get vaccinated: Get your vaccines to protect yourself from the risk of cancer. Vaccines like Hepatitis B, Human papillomavirus (HPV) often reduces the risk of cancer caused by these viral infections.
- Talk to your doctor to know more about it.
6. Avoid risky behaviors: By this we mean, unprotected sex, sharing needles, and more. These activities increase the risk of cancer to anus, lung, and liver high degree. Along with cancer, such activities also increase the chance of STD and HIV.
7. Get regular medical check: Regular check-up and screening helps to discover cancer at the early stages and also to prevent it.
- Seek the doctors of Turkey to get the best medical help.
It’s never too late
If you're worried about cancer, let us tell us it’s never too late. Seek help from Oncology Treatment in Turkey to help you get a better understanding and treatment for cancer.