Everything you should know about Bone Marrow Transplant and more
Bone Marrow Transplant is a process that infuses healthy stem cells into the body that replaces the damaged or diseased bone marrow. It is also known as a stem cell transplant. Anytime your bone stops producing healthy stem cells, you might need a bone marrow transplant. If you are looking for bone marrow treatment with the help of best doctors and advanced treatments, look nowhere other than Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey.
Why is Bone Marrow transplant undertaken?
The Bone marrow is a crucial part of the body that helps in the proper functioning of the immune system. The bone marrow is located in a soft spongy tissue that is located inside the bones and it produces blood stem cells. When the bone marrow is diseased or damaged, it means that it stops producing red blood cells, white blood cells, platelet and it ultimately weakens the immune system of the body and diseases kick in.
In short, a bone marrow transplant is done to:
- Replace the damaged or diseased bone marrow with new stem cells.
- To provide new stem cell inside the body that helps to eradicate the cancer cells.
Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey is the best place to get treat bone marrow. They use advanced treatment and medication to treat the patients and take the utmost care until they recover.
What are the diseases that call for a bone marrow transplant?
- Aplastic anaemia
- Chronic leukaemia
- Acute leukaemia
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Hereditary errors of metabolism
- Plasma cell disorders
- Multiple myeloma
- POEMS syndrome
- Bone marrow failure syndromes
- Primary amyloidosis
- Sickle cell anaemia
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
What are the common types of Bone Marrow Transplant?
- Allogeneic transplant: It uses blood-forming cells that are taken from other’s body.
- Autologous transplant: It uses the blood-forming cells from the patient’s own body to treat BMT.
- Haploidentical transplant: It is a type of homogeneous transplant.
Understanding the risks related to bone marrow transplant
A lot of factors come to play when determining the risk factors of any individual. Other factors like the health conditions of the marrow donors, the procedure is undertaken before the bone marrow transplant and a few more other factors play a vital role in determining the risk factors of bone marrow transplant treatment.
Minor complications that may arise due to Bone Marrow Transplant:
- Graft-versus-host diseases.
- Organ damage
- New cancers
- Stem cell (graft) failure
Before undergoing the procedure of Bone Marrow Transplant, talk to your doctors to know more about the possible dangers and risks related to the surgery.
Tips for bone marrow patients
- Take your medications and antibiotics the right way and at the right proportion.
- Get all the required vaccines and request your family members to do the same.
- Any time you feel ill or not well, report to the doctor immediately.
- Avoid live vaccines
Get the best Bone marrow treatment
Yes! Now you can avail the best bone marrow transplant only at Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey. They provide an excellent service with top-notch doctors and medical faculties. Starting from the tests to the end, they will guide you through all the produces. The staffs are optimist, helpful and friendly and they believe in imparting only the best.